|Dubai's iconic Burj Al Arab hotel|
PLACES / HOLIDAYS
In need of a warm getaway this Christmas? Dubai boasts flawless weather, gorgeous beaches, luxury hotels, amazing modern architecture and the opportunity to shop till you drop!
· At 830 meters, the Burj Khalifa in Downtown Dubai is the world’s tallest building and the view from the top of its 160 floors is simply breathtaking. Also in its grounds are the splendid Dubai Fountains, where ‘dancing’ water shoots 150 metres into the air.
· Fun for all ages, it gets your adrenalin pumping on mega slides, spectacular rides, and zip lines at the Aquaventure Water Park on Palm Island, or you can simply chill on the beach.
· Do a camel trek safari and get close to the
Arabian Desert. Perfect for sunset, before enjoying a
meal under the stars in a traditional Bedouin desert camp.
|Dine on a donut|
· Dinner on a Donut: a unique BBQ experience aboard your own inflatable donut that gently travels along Dubai Creek. Choose from an à la carte menu or grill your own.
· Special occasion? Indulge your palate – and your wallet! – with mouth-watering seafood at Al Mahara in the iconic Burj Al Arab (a luxury hotel shaped like a sail). Its opulent setting includes a floor-to-ceiling aquarium.
· Meena Bazaar is for traditional shopping: plenty of bargains and high quality goods, from clothing, to electronic goods and jewellery. Be ready to haggle hard for good discounts.
· Taking retail therapy to another level, the Dubai Mall is the largest in the world with over 1,200 stores. Great for brand-lovers but with some 502,000m2 to cover, it’s good to plan ahead which shops to visit.
· Start your evening sipping cocktails and watching the sun set from the terrace of the Latin-inspired Calabar Lounge.
· You’ll find the party-crowd at Cirque Le Soir where performance artists mingle with A-list celebrities and tourists. Music varies every night.
· For spiritual enlightenment, visit the beautiful Jumeirah Mosque, where 1,200 people congregate for prayers. Part of UAE’s ‘Open Doors. Open Minds’ programme, the mosque is open to the public six days a week (not Fridays) offering a unique chance to learn about Emirati culture and religion in a relaxed atmosphere.
· Angsana Spa is ideal for relaxation and re-alignment. This award-winning spa offers massages, facials, polishes and beauty treatments to melt the stresses of life away to leave you rejuvenated.