Arguably the world’s greatest leisure and entertainment destination,
is a city that is forever reinventing itself. With
a host of major new attractions, it pays to get out of your resort and explore
Vegas more fully. Las
· The 4-mile Last Vegas Strip from a height to get a sense of the enormity of pleasure available in
At 550 ft tall, the High Roller at the Linq is the world's largest observation
wheel. Sin City
· Alternatively use the SlotZilla zip line: take off from an 11-storey slot machine-themed platform, travelling 110 ft above the heads of fellow visitors before landing on a canopy some 1,700 ft later. Perfect for thrill-seekers.
· A Vegas show. Among the most popular are: the Michael Jackson One by Cirque du Soleil at
voted best show in Vegas, a spectacular and mesmerising aqua theatre show.
Las Vegas signs from
the twentieth century re-presented as public art at the . Neon Museum
· Feast on pan-Asian flavours for brunch through to dinner at the Poppy Den, a new trendy diner in
· Tuck into Vegas’ finest seafood at Joe’s Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab.
· The Barrymore if you are after high-end classic American cuisine: a 14-ounce serving of dry-aged
strip or New York
the 18-ounce bone-in rib-eye steak.
· Poker with the rest of the world: the World Poker Series runs from 27 May to 14 July 2014.
· Pass the Line at a Craps table – perfect for those new to gambling. Place your chips for a 50:50 chance of winning. You don’t have to understand all the rules, just wait for the crowd to cheer or go silent to know if you’ve won.
· Hardcore clubbers should head to the Marquee (The Cosmopolitan), the XS (Wynn) or Light (
). Mandalay Bay
· On the 55th floor at Palms at the Ghostbar. It’s pricey but this sophisticated night out comes with incredible 360-degree views of Vegas.
· Drive and hike through
This peaceful natural park with its stunning scenery is the perfect anecdote to
the hustle and bustle of Vegas. Red Rock
· Release your Vegas sins with a deep pamper at The Spa at the Mandarin Oriental. Inspired by the exotic luxury of 1930s
, enjoy the serene
pleasures on offer across its two floors. Shanghai